Things to do in Dublin
Though visiting the Guinness Storehouse is a must-do ritual for your Dublin trip, it shouldn’t be your only attraction if you are in Dublin for more than one day.
There are plenty of things to do in Dublin; it has plenty of attractions, sites, and experiences apart from the Guinness Storehouse.
The list of things to do in Dublin, Ireland, is vast, but here is a list of handpicked things you must consider when in the city.
Dublin walking tasting tour with secret food tours
Apart from fantastic bus tours, one of the things to do in Dublin all travelers must consider is a food tour.
And the unique thing is that this tour is also one of the most engaging Dublin walking tours.
Get to know Dublin one bite at a time with this small-group Dublin food tour with an expert local guide.
With your guide, go on a gastronomic adventure, seeking authentic pubs, cafes, food shops, and markets.
Devour and relish Irish specialties, including a traditional breakfast, artisanal cheese, ice cream, and much more.
Pair the tastings with an Irish cream liqueur and another Tripple, and admire all the hidden gems you explore on this food fiesta!
Don’t just taste some exquisite foods; learn about the rich and delicious culinary heritage as you eat and explore.
The entire tour will last approximately 3 hours and 3 minutes. You can choose from two convenient time slots, 11 am, and 11.30 am.
This food tour is a delight to the taste buds and one of the most preferred ways to explore Dublin, tasting food throughout!
If you like food, you can explore the restaurants near Guinness Storehouse to make your visit memorable.
- A local expert guide.
- You will get Irish coffee and non-alcoholic Drinks.
- A delicious Secret dish
- Traditional Irish Potato Cake
- Smoked salmon.
- Freshly baked soda bread
- Irish stew
- Artisanal ice cream
Things to know:
- The meeting point is Henry Grattan Statue, College Green, Dublin, Ireland.
- The endpoint of the tour is at Wicklow Street, Dublin, Ireland.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The minimum drinking age is 18 years. Therefore, the tour is not for babies and young children.
- Travelers should have a moderate level of physical fitness.
- The itinerary and the menu are subject to changes based on the locations’ availability, weather, and other circumstances.
- Before booking the tour, travelers must contact the organizers to check if the operators can accommodate their dietary needs.
- This tour will have a maximum of 10 participants.
Dublin walking tasting tour with secret food tours price:
|Adult (18 and above)||€88 (US $99)|
|Youth (14-17 years)||€73 (US $82)|
Best of Ireland 6-day Backpackers Economy Tour
When it comes to things to do in Dublin, this tour goes beyond it. This is the best if you want a comprehensive tour to explore Ireland.
Explore the length and breadth of Ireland, its rich history, people, significant landmarks, legends, and plenty of fascinating tales.
This 6-day tour is perfect for first-time visitors who want to explore Ireland and see the amazing things on a backpacking tour.
It covers the highlights of all 4 corners of Ireland, all the sights of Northern Ireland, and plenty of opportunities to dance the night away.
Start your journey from Dublin, visit Belfast, and discover Titanic Belfast and the historic downtown quarter.
On day 2, head to the Antrim Coast and explore sites like Dunluce Castle, the Giants Causeway, and the photogenic Dark Hedges.
To end this eventful day, enjoy a historic walking tour in Derry.
On day 3, take a road trip to Galway along the Wild Atlantic Way. Stop at the iconic surfing hotspot for a breezy walk and lunch.
After spending the night in Galway, head to Annascaul via the cliffs of Mother and the Burden on day 4.
Spend the day in Annascaul on the Dingle Peninsula before heading on one of Europe’s most spectacular road trips, touring the Dingle Peninsula.
Finally, on day 6, enjoy a tour of Killarney National Park and a visit to Blarney Castle in Cork. The tour will culminate in Dublin in the early evening.
- A live tour guide who can speak fluent English.
- Transportation needs.
- An appropriate accommodation based on the selected option
- Breakfast included in the standard tour.
- Entrance fees for the places on the itinerary.
Things to know:
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible and hence not suitable for people with mobility issues.
- The tour will start at 8.45 am at Paddy’s Palace Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin D1.
- It is a long tour, so pack accordingly. Most importantly, remember to wear a comfortable pair of shoes.
- You are not allowed to bring your pet with you on the tour.
- You can’t smoke on tour as well.
- Most participants can go on this tour. However, children up to 17 years are not permitted.
- In the Economy option, travelers get “En Suite,” private accommodation in a local B&B’s apartment or budget hotel.
- Breakfast included in the Economy Option is much nicer with Continental and Full Irish options.
Best of Ireland 6-day Backpackers Economy Tour price:
|Adult (18-99 years)||€799 (US $880)|
Economy Single option
|Adult (18-99 years)||€1404 (US $1545)|
Economy Option for 2 people
|Adult (18-99 years)||€2350 (US $2586)|
Dublin Outdoor Escape Game: Alien Invasion
This tour is perfect if you are hunting for something unique while exploring noteworthy sites and attractions in Dublin.
And the best thing is, it is one of the most value-for-money tours to explore Dublin.
This tour will take you on a quest to uncover hidden stories under your feet, i.e., stories of the English invaders, tales of the Catholic Church, and Vikings.
And all of this with an app giving clues to solve a mystery. Thus, it is one of the most exciting and interactive tours.
Each clue will lead you from one place to mother giving you exact directions. Once you successfully guess them, you will know their secret story.
Once you book the tour, you will receive detailed instructions on how to play the game.
This tour can be a fun activity if you are with a large group. You can split into smaller groups and compete against each other.
All you need to do is purchase the tickets, download the app, and start unraveling the secret stories of the past.
- A city exploration game app.
- 24/7 customer support.
Things to know:
- Unaccompanied minors are not permitted to participate.
- Given the significant focus of the tour is on the app, you may need a charged smartphone.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
Dublin Outdoor Escape Game: Alien Invasion price:
|Adult (Up to 99 years)||€8 (US $9)|
Full-day Private Dublin City Highlights Tour
If you want a personalized tour of Dublin, this is one of the best Dublin Private tours. Discover Dublin’s rich history and culture on this full-day Private Dublin City highlights tour.
This custom-made tour allows you to explore significant landmarks and uncover fascinating tales with a personal guide.
You can visit sights like the famous Guinness Storehouse, Kilmainham Gaol, Malahide Castle, and many more beautiful attractions.
This tour also includes must-visit attractions like Trinity College and St. Patrick Cathedral.
As a finishing touch, you can also escape the crowd and explore places like Phoenix Park and Howth Village.
Since it is a private tour, you can choose departure times throughout the day. The guide will further give you undivided attention and reveal various captivating stories.
The entire trip will be of approximately 8 hours, and you have the option for hotel pickup and drop off.
- A round-trip transfer from anywhere in Dublin.
- Transportation facility by a private vehicle/car.
- A private tour of Dublin.
- A driver/guide for the tour.
- You can also enjoy free WiFi.
Things to know:
- This private tour of Dublin is not wheelchair accessible.
- A maximum of 4 people per booking per vehicle is permitted.
- However, you can request the operators to book for more than 4 passengers.
- Infants must sit on their parent’s lap.
- You can request a minivan or a saloon car depending on your needs.
- This is a private tour so only your group will participate in this tour.
Full-day Private Dublin City Highlights Tour price:
|Adult (Up to 99 years)||€610 (US $682)|
Irish Whiskey Museum
A paradise for whiskey lovers worldwide, the Irish Whiskey Museum lets visitors learn the nitty-gritty of whiskey distilling.
Learn about whiskey’s intriguing history, how it became popular, went out of fashion, and then again became popular.
See the various whiskey memorabilia dating as far back as the 1800s. Take the highly interactive tour of Dublin’s Whiskey Museum.
A professional guide will lead the way and tell you about its origins and journey of mixed popularity.
And that’s not it. You will taste a variety of whiskeys that will develop your palate further.
Understand subtle differences in taste resulting from using different ingredients, making processes, and more.
You can choose from two tours, each with a tasting at the end. The classic tour will include 3 tastings, one with a whiskey expert and a guided experience.
The premium tour takes it a notch further; it includes the regular 3 tastings and one more extra special Irish whiskey aged for 10 years.
And those who find neat or on the rocks either too fiery or bland can always opt for whisky cocktails.
- A tour through the museum, plus a tasting experience, depending on your type of tour
- A live guide speaking English.
- An audio guide will be available in 5 languages, including French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Mandarin.
Things to know:
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Kids are allowed on the tour as long as an adult accompanies them. However, they will only have a glass of water.
- You have the option to schedule the tour starting from 10.30 am to 5.30 pm. There is one tour starting every 30 minutes.
Irish Whiskey Museum price:
Classic tour prices:
|Adult (13-64 years)||€22 (US $25)|
|Senior citizen (65 and over)||€20 (US $22)|
|Student (with valid ID)||€20 (US $22)|
|Children (5-12 years)||€10 (US $11)|
|Family (2 adults + 2 children)||€52 (US $58 )|
Premium tour prices:
|Adult (13-64 years)||€25 (US $28)|
|Senior citizen (65 and over)||€23 (US $26)|
|Student (with valid ID)||€23 (US $26)|
|Children (5-12 years)||€10 (US $11)|
Featured Image: Theaddressconnolly.com