Roe & Co Distillery
Dublin is known for its rich history of brewing and distilling various types of alcohol, spawning a legacy of brands recognized worldwide.
You may know Guinness, the most famous brand, but other highly awarded and popular manufacturers offer unique experiences too.
Among them, the Roe & Co Distillery will let you explore its functional urban distillery and learn about the process of making these aspirational drinks.
And that’s not the whole thing; you will attend a cocktail workshop to learn some handy skills.
So, let’s dive into Roe & Co Distillery history and learn about the Cocktail Experience.
Roe & Co Distillery Cocktail Workshop Experience
If you like not just knowing the process of making these delicious beverages but also want hands-on experience, this is the perfect tour.
Visit the George Roe & Co Distillery, or the Roe & Co Distillery, to see its behind-the-scenes operation.
Step inside the iconic former Guinness Power Station to learn the Roe & Co Distillery history and begin a journey to test your taste buds.
At the same time, pick up a few handy cocktail-making skills at the workshop.
To give you a solid foundation, it covers the five pillars—sweet, sour, bitter, salty, and umami.
Discover the unique Roe & Co whiskey blends in Room 106 and create your own by choosing a whiskey cocktail based on your unique palate.
Choose from the two unique experiences. The Favour Experience is about creating and sharing knowledge of whiskey cocktails.
While the Blending Experience is more about discovering the art of blending whiskey and learning the journey from distilling through maturation and blending.
Beyond the usual tours such as the Guinness Storehouse tour and Jameson Irish Whiskey Experience, this offers a unique blend of knowledge and hands-on experience.
- A fully guided Roe & Co Distillery tour.
- Choice of Blending or Flavour workshop.
- Roe & Co cocktail
- A live guide fluent in English.
Things to know:
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Given the nature of the tour involving alcoholic beverages, it is not for pregnant women.
- Further, the minimum age required to participate in the Roe & Co Distillery tour is 18 and above.
- Visitors are required to carry their passport or a valid ID card.
- You will not be allowed to participate in this tour unless you have a valid ID or proof of age card.
- The tour’s meeting point is at the Roe & Co Distillery in the old Guinness Powerhouse.
- The exact address of the meeting point is 101 James St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, D08 E3YA, Ireland.
- You can schedule the Roe & Co Distillery tour right from the Roe & Co Distillery opening hours, 12 am to 7 pm. There is one tour after every hour.
- However, if you choose the Blend Experience, you can schedule it at 1.30 pm, 3.30 pm, or 5.30 pm.
Roe & Co Distillery Cocktail Workshop Experience price:
Flavours Experience price:
|Adult (above 18 years)||€23 (US $25)|
Blending Experience price:
|Adult (above 18 years)||€28 (US $30)|
Note: If you like the Roe & Co cocktail experience, consider the Teeling Whiskey Distillery tour to learn about this award-winning whiskey brand’s behind-the-curtains scene.
Featured Image: Roeandcowhiskey.com